Digital business kits are designed to address industry-specific gaps in digital knowledge and support small to medium enterprises (SMEs) and Not For Profit organisations (NFPs) use innovative digital and broadband-enabled platforms to engage with clients, market products and services, and enhance business processes. Ten peak industry associations each received funding from the Department of Communications to develop the kits.
The kits include tutorials and case studies that show how connecting to high-speed broadband can improve interactions with customers and suppliers, support cloud computing and expand access to new markets. Each kit will be regularly updated to incorporate new ways of making use of high-speed broadband as these emerge across sectors.
Infoxchange and ACOSS are working together to produce 18 digital business kits for the community sector. Below are those released so far:
- Broadband internet
- Successfully implementing teleworking in a community sector organisation
- Developing a plan to take advantage of information and communication technology
- Developing a rich media website
- Optimising search engine results
- Protecting your information from online threats
- Managing your online reputation
- Collaborating online
- Electronic referrals
- Online booking systems
- Cloud applications for community groups
- Online client/case management systems
- Online fundraising
- Social media
- Is your website working? Using analytics
- Email newsletters
You can read more about the Digital Business Kits Program on the Department of Communications website.
If you're not from the community and social services sector but want to know more about what your organisation can do with technology, the Australian Government has partnerships with eight other industry peak bodies to provide training for you and/or your business. There are also digital business kits available for:
- arts, recreation and education services sector
- construction and building-related trades sector
- early childhood education and care sector
- healthcare sector
- manufacturing sector
- professional services sector
- restaurant and catering sector
- retail sector.
If you have questions about the content in digital business kits, or want to provide some advice of your own, take a look at DiscussIT, our community forums.